We Shall Overcome
by Abbie Johnson Taylor
Paperback: 318 pages
Publisher: iUniverse, Inc. (July 11, 2007)
Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.8 x 0.9 inches
Lisa Taylor is visually impaired and manages her father’s coin-operated machine business. She is terrified of policemen and of being arrested because of an incident that happened when her younger brother was apprehended on suspicion of arson years ago.
On the first day of the conflict with Iraq, as she is hurrying away from an anti-war demonstration after being threatened with arrest for civil disobedience, she is confronted by a newspaper reporter who asks her why she is running away. She tells him she is afraid she will lose her job if she is arrested.
The day after the protest march, Lisa meets John Macintosh, a bicycle patrol officer. After a short time, she falls in love with him. But Lisa must realize that police officers are human beings. She must learn to trust John after a close friend becomes a victim of acquaintance rape. Her future father-in-law must overcome his own stereotypes of people with disabilities. Will this couple marry and live happily ever after?
- Click here to read the first chapter of Abbie's Novel "We Shall Overcome."
- Click here to read ForeWord Clarion Review of "We Shall Overcome."
Purchase the Book
- Click here to purchase We Shall Overcome from iUniverse
- Click here to purchase We Shall Overcome from Books-A-Million
- Click here to purchase We Shall Overcome from Barnes and Noble
- Click here to purchase ebook edition from Library.com
- Click here to purchase print edition We Shall Overcome from Amazon.com
- Click here to purchase Kindle edition from Amazon.com